Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can an employer make an employee be off unpaid and without…

Can an employer make...

Can an employer make an employee be off unpaid and without using PTO that the employee has available?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this an hourly or salaried position? Part time or full time?

Hourly and full time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where are you located? Employment law varies by state.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

7/11/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Employer has discretion. However if employee has accrued time that would be used first!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
acceptable