Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
My name is Cathy and I have been a registered nurse for over
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney at Law
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a registered nurse for over 12 years. I work for a VA Medical Center in long-term care (Federal), and was returned to work with a settlement following a lengthy EEO … read more
I work at a VA Medical Center and during September-November
LadyJustice
LadyJustice, Attorney & Counselor At Law
I work at a VA Medical Center and during September-November 2010 I came in after normal working hours and weekends and worked to catch up on work that had accumulated because of the high volume of ref… read more
I work at VA Medical Center as a Staff Nurse. One day I was
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I work at VA Medical Center as a Staff Nurse. One day I was assigned as a charge nurse at a Step Down ICU/Telemetry unit. That night we are very busy @ 05 am I received a call from another unit inform… read more
I AM A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT I LOST MY JOB AT A NURSING
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
I AM A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT I LOST MY JOB AT A NURSING HOME BECAUSE THEY SAID I DID NOT CALL IN AND SAY I WAS NOT COMEING IN. THE SCHEDULEING SECRETARY TOLD ME I COULD NOT COME BACK TO WORK UNT… read more
can you be fired from a federal job(RN with VA medical ...
BusinessDoc
BusinessDoc, Doctoral Degree
can you be fired from a federal job(RN with VA medical center) for loss of time due to illness?… read more
i was using alcohol to self medicate anxiety, I did miss time,
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
i was using alcohol to self medicate anxiety, I did miss time, hours not days, In February i entered a treatment facility for 5 weeks and an IOP fro 4 weeks after that. I received no payment for that … read more
I work for East Mississippi State Hospital. We have been getting
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I work for East Mississippi State Hospital. We have been getting 14 hours compensatory time a week for being on call. They are trying to cut off our on call time to only time we actually have to go in… read more
The nurses at Elgin Metal Health Center Elgin, IL. are not
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
The nurses at Elgin Metal Health Center Elgin, IL. are not being allowed to use vacation time, holiday time, accumulated time to cover FMLA time. Can the state of IL. do this? Other workers are allowe… read more
Our nurses work 12 hour shifts in hospitals. if we are paying
Sam, Attorney
Our nurses work 12 hour shifts in hospitals. if we are paying nurses time and a half after the first 8 hours, are we required to pay them overtime for hours worked beyond 40 hours in a week?… read more
A former employee is suing us becaused we did not pay him time
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
A former employee is suing us becaused we did not pay him time and one half over 40 hours for subcontractor pay. Subcontractor's are considered self employed and do not get 1 1/2 for overtime. Are we … read more
I am a registered nurse in NC at a major medical center. My
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I am a registered nurse in NC at a major medical center. My hours are 7pm-7am, 3 days a weeks. This morning at 6am, a patient that I saw for less than 2 minutes said that I rolled my eyes at her and t… read more
all of us at my job has wrote in hours because of the time
INFOLAWYER, Partner
all of us at my job has wrote in hours because of the time clock not working, this has been going on for at least three years. my employer has a problem with it now because he fired me and is threaten… read more
VA Medical Center has failed to implement a mandatory
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
VA Medical Center has failed to implement a mandatory staffing policy that would have upgraded my position and salary--any legal recourse? … read more
I have been employed by VA medical Center for past 5 years
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I have been employed by VA medical Center for past 5 years and want to know my rights related to fairness in the workplace. What consistitutes the basis for an unfairness claim? And what is tye typica… read more
I'm a nurse and have worked part time (two twelve hour
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I'm a nurse and have worked part time (two twelve hour shifts per week) at a long-term care facility for the last 5+ years. My husband had a stroke on March 7, 2016, at which time I asked for an undet… read more
Have an employee who will be leaving us today because she
Legal Eagle, Attorney
Have an employee who will be leaving us today because she did not get her H1-B Visa. She has 192 hours of vacation time I need to pay her out for. Do I have to pay her in one lump sum or can I spread … read more
What is the maximum allowed maternity leave time a part-time
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
What is the maximum allowed maternity leave time a part-time employee can take off? We are a medical practice in VA. Employee is an ophthalmic technician that normally works an average of 30 hours per… read more
I work in a major medical center and we have a fragrance free
JackJD
JackJD, Juris Doctor
I work in a major medical center and we have a fragrance free policy; however, the department I work in refuses to address this policy with offenders. I was treated a few years back for a medical cond… read more