Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am currently on parole in arkansas, and have been disabled…

Customer Question
I am currently on...

I am currently on parole in arkansas, and have been disabled and receive benefits for over 10 years and was told that I would never work again due to my mental and physical disabilities. My parole officer says she will violate me if I don't have a part time job by my next appointment next month, is this allowed thank you kimmie

Lawyer's Assistant: What kind of workplace is this (private sector, public sector, etc.)? How many employees?

Public

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you requested a reasonable accommodation? What happened?

I don't quite understand what you mean by reasonable accommodation

Lawyer's Assistant: The Employment Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Have you talked to an AR lawyer about the disability?

I tried to contact the lawyer that handled my case but was unsuccessful I'm not sure if he is still active in his law practice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

While I was on probation I wasn't forced or required to maintain any work due to the fact I was disabled

Submitted: 12 days ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
if I am not allowed to work how can I share this important information with my parole officer showing legal justification on said matter
7/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have medical documentation stating that you are disabled, then you need to present the medical reports to the parole officer. If the parole officer tries to revoke you for not working when you are disabled, then you would need to get a new attorney to file in court with proof of your disability and the court would be able to refuse the parole revocation and order that you not be revoked for failure to work due to your disability. NO, it is not allowed to force a disabled person to work when their medical documentation says they cannot work.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.