Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
Hi, I need to make a final payment to 3 consultants who are
socrateaser, employment lawyer
Hi, I need to make a final payment to 3 consultants who are done with their work. I can make these payments on Friday and they're threatening to file a small claim if I don't pay it today. Is there a … read more
I am being asked to sign a non-complete document at work. How
A.J.
A.J., Attorney
I am being asked to sign a non-complete document at work. How do I find out if this is something that I should sign? Also, it states that I receive a $25 gift certificate for signing. I feel that if n… read more
We are making payments on a fifth wheel from our boss at a
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
We are making payments on a fifth wheel from our boss at a campground. They are taking payment thru our hours worked, they do not pay taxes on these hours. They deduct the hours before she sends to pa… read more
I live and work in Arizona. I have been asked to sign a contract
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
I live and work in Arizona. I have been asked to sign a contract as a seasonal tax preparer. I have a background that includes financial services and tax preparation. I have paid for my training, regi… read more
I have been asked to sign a form at work. It is an Arbitration
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I have been asked to sign a form at work. It is an Arbitration Agreement and Waiver of Classs/Collective Actions. Should I sign this form knowing there is currently a class action law suit against the… read more
My husbands employer is asking for the following Our Marriage
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
My husbands employer is asking for the following: Our Marriage Certificate, birth certificates for our children, list of medications he is taking, and requiring him to fill our a medical form with his… read more
I have been working for s company for 6 years as a Director
P. Simmons, Attorney
Hi, I have been working for s company for 6 years as a Director of Human Resources. At my review this year I was asked to sign a non compete. Is there anything I can do or legal recourse I can take? … read more
The company I work for contuinulay has problems making ...
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Master's Degree
The company I work for contuinulay has problems making Payroll what are our optins if we work and are asked to hold our paycheck because there is no money in the bank to pay us?… read more
Is it illegal to ask/authorize someone to fill out/sign one
Cedric
Cedric, Attorney at Law
Is it illegal to ask/authorize someone to fill out/sign one of your own checks to make a payment for you? I am/was on sick leave and unable to get to a bank or somewhere to mail a check so I asked my … read more
hi there, im moving to a new company and am being asked to
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
hi there, im moving to a new company and am being asked to sign a termination certificate. I am currently working for a company based in California and my new company is in California too. HR are refe… read more
I feel I am being harrased at work.My assisant manager is ...
Anne
Anne, Attorney
I feel I am being harrased at work.My assisant manager is making my time at work unbearable. She''s done so many vicious things to try to make me quit apparently. She has recruited a good portion of t… read more
Can an employer ask for certifications after you have ...
Anne
Anne, Attorney
Can an employer ask for certifications after you have been hired and working for over 5 years, and no they deem that certifications are a requirement? Can you be terminated if you can not produce or p… read more
I had surgery while i was working in oklahoma. I have been
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I had surgery while i was working in oklahoma. I have been making payments but was still sent to collections and a judgement has been made against me. They are demanding a monthly payment that i am un… read more
I've been asked, and all managers have been asked, to sign a
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I've been asked, and all managers have been asked, to sign a noncompete agreement with a company I've worked at for 5 years. My job function is being moved out of state, & I wonder every day if I'm go… read more
My account manager asked me to complete and sign a W-4 for a
John, Employment Lawyer
my account manager asked me to complete and sign a W-4 for a client that was in the hospital. I told her I did not feel comfortable doing this. Since I did not do this the account manager told everyon… read more
I HAVE BEEN FALSELY ACCUSED OF not MAKING payment to a person
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I HAVE BEEN FALSELY ACCUSED OF not MAKING payment to a person who was suppose to work for me, but did not, how do I prove this… read more
I have MS and it s documented (Doctor s letter & forms completed
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I have MS and it\'s documented (Doctor\'s letter & forms completed) with my company since at least 2004. I\'ve been having a difficult time receiving an accomodation. Recently (8/27/8) I wrote a lette… read more
A homeowner is making false claims and withholding funds for
Richard, Owner
A homeowner is making false claims and withholding funds for work already completed, and is now asking for proof of insurance (which I have). They are obviously volatile and looking for ways to find f… read more