Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

We have several illegals working here....company wont hire…

Customer Question
We have several illegals...

We have several illegals working here....company wont hire anyone else...spoke of this to supervisor..now being asked to leave house furnished by company...have two granddaughters living with me....hours being cut...and management harassment...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Witn management..then there boss tells me to move and for them to cut my hours

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union...worked here 8 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Scared of more retallation

Submitted: 7 days ago.Category: Employment Law
7/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Ben S., Attorney replied 7 days ago
Ben S.
Ben S., Attorney

I am sorry your company is retaliating against you because you have mentioned their illegal hiring.

Retaliating against you in this manner is almost certainly unlawful and you probably have a good case against them. I suggest you have a face-to-face or telephone discussion with an employment law attorney in your city/town regarding this matter. Just enter the terms "employment law attorney" and the name of your town in Google or another search engine and you'll get lots of names. Speak with a few of them about your situation until you find someone you trust and like. Virtually all of them will give you a FREE initial consultation and, if they take the case, will not charge you anything unless they recover money for you, in which case they will take a percentage.

I hope this helps. If my response is helpful, then please give it a 5-star rating. That's how I get credit for my work.

Thank you and good luck.