Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
May company gave me a lump sum "bonus" when I was hired to
INFOLAWYER, Partner
May company gave me a lump sum "bonus" when I was hired to pay the short on a house I was selling. It was grossed up and taxes were taken out, so it was included in my income for the year and raised t… read more
Hello. I have recently been offered a job with a new company,
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
Hello. I have recently been offered a job with a new company, and I will be giving my notice to my current company tomorrow (Wednesday). I signed a non-compete agreement when I was hired in 1998, and … read more
I left my job recently and asked for my retirement package
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I left my job recently and asked for my retirement package amd they will npt give me the option for a lump sum payout … read more
In January 2016 my employer ( in Texas) gave a lump sum of
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
In January 2016 my employer ( in Texas) gave a lump sum of hours to include PTO, sick time, and holidays. Yesterday they sent out an email stating that because Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement is l… read more
I recently gave my notice at a job I worked for 16.5 years.
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I recently gave my notice at a job I worked for 16.5 years. Up until 2011, vacation was accrued on a bi-weekly basis and any time that was accrued was paid out when someone left. In 2011 the new CEO c… read more
I recently gave notice at a job, giving them about 3 weeks
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I recently gave notice at a job, giving them about 3 weeks notice. Instead of accepting that as my final date, they ended my employment as of the day I gave the notice, which basically means I lost al… read more
I just received a notice of a pension lump sum payment option
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I just received a notice of a pension lump sum payment option from a previous employer and the deadline has passed. My packet appeared to have been lost in the mail. I contacted the employer explainin… read more
I recently gave notice at my job that I was leaving. I gave
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I recently gave notice at my job that I was leaving. I gave notice jan 28th that my last day would be feb 6th (10 days notice). The employee handbook states that if "two week" notice is not given, vac… read more
I received a job offer and gave notice to my current job.
Loren, employment lawyer
I received a job offer and gave notice to my current job. When I received the paperwork for the new employer, I discovered that I am being asked to sign a six-month noncompete agreement. I can't belie… read more
I have a lump sum pension available this month from a job I
John, Employment Lawyer
I have a lump sum pension available this month from a job I had 20 years ago. I also have a 401k account at my current job. I am 64 and one half years of age. Can I take the lump sum and roll it over … read more
The pension at my job used to have a lump sum choice. We
John, Employment Lawyer
Hi. The pension at my job used to have a lump sum choice. We are about to go on strike and the company is aiming to freeze the pension and remove the lump sum choice. The way people have been losing t… read more
I received a lump sum from workers comp for injury on the job.
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I received a lump sum from workers comp for injury on the job. I was terminated from my job and applied for umemployment. Can this affect how much umemployment benefits I receive? My rep for umemploym… read more
Hello. I recently relocated for a new job and was offered
Sam, Attorney
Hello. I recently relocated for a new job and was offered a relocation assistance package to move. This consisted of a lump sum of $11000 before taxes which I used to pay all my moving expenses. The j… read more
I am in the state of Florida. Most companies give employees
bizmatters
bizmatters, J.D.
I am in the state of Florida. Most companies give employees vacation time as it is earned but with my company they give it to the employees at the beginning of the year in advance and we continue to w… read more
I recently gave my two weeks notice at my current job and am
John, Employment Lawyer
I recently gave my two weeks notice at my current job and am wondering about the best time to file a complaint Before leaving or after departure? … read more
My husband was offered a lump sum but out on a utility company
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My husband was offered a lump sum but out on a utility company pension plan that they have not added funds to since he originally retired in 2000. He subsequently returned to work until age 55, which … read more
I was recently laid off, due to lack of work, and received
Brent Blanchard
Brent Blanchard, Solo Practitioner
I was recently laid off, due to lack of work, and received a lump sum severance check. In the state of Florida does that lump sum check delay my unemployment benefits?… read more
I was told last year that my pension does not allow lump sum
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I was told last year that my pension does not allow lump sum payouts. Will the new law taking affect in 2017 change that? I don't have much in there, I will be able to get $267 a month for life starti… read more