Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Barrister, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I have an employer who refuses to pay me my last check to ...
Paralegal Bill
Paralegal Bill, Associate Degree
I have an employer who refuses to pay me my last check to include payment for services rendered for repairing her laptop. Althought there was no contract made for the repair of the laptop, I have stat… read more
If an employee wishes to pay a bill for services rendered by
INFOLAWYER, Partner
If an employee wishes to pay a bill for services rendered by their employer and valid payment options for clients include credit cards, is it within the employers rights to require all payments made b… read more
the employer has procrastinated paying employee and now does
Faye Lee
Faye Lee, JD and MBA and Masters of Law
the employer has procrastinated paying employee and now does not have the money to pay the employee. the employer often pays maybe half of what she owes, and just says she will pay the rest later, and… read more
If someone signs a Personal Declarations indicating they have
INFOLAWYER, Partner
If someone signs a Personal Declarations indicating they have seen money paid for services rendered to an employee can the service be purchasing an item for their employer and being reinbursed or does… read more
Is it legal in Florida for a Commission only employee to not
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
Is it legal in Florida for a Commission only employee to not get paid on certain services rendered. Also to not get an explanation of pay for said commissions.… read more
We have offered an employee a severance pay for her years of
Phillips Esq., Attorney
We have offered an employee a severance pay for her years of service and she has turned it down wanting more. We are terminating her because of the number of mistakes she has made and cost the company… read more
In N.C a commission-only hairdresser gets paid only for services
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
In N.C a commission-only hairdresser gets paid only for services rendered per client. Can employer also require non-compensated labor,i.e., cleaning,laundry, etc?… read more
My daughter's employer sent her and another employee to Las
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My daughter's employer sent her and another employee to Las Vegas for two days of training. Now he has not paid her for those two days. He didn't say in advance that she would be going on her own time… read more
Can an employer not pay an employee while they are on paid
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Can an employer not pay an employee while they are on paid FMLA leave, because the employer decided to file a disciplinary and suspended employee without pay, while on paid FMLA leave?… read more
In California; an employee has a pay card he/she recieves payment
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
In California; an employee has a pay card he/she recieves payment for services each week. The employee has lost their pay card and cannot access his/her funds earned. How long does an employer have to… read more
There are employees in my office that owe money to the company
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
There are employees in my office that owe money to the company for services rendered. The Owner has said our wages will be garnished and take all of what is owed,if we dont sign a bi-monthly payment p… read more
Employee just began her employment with my firm and she is
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Employee just began her employment with my firm and she is looking for another jobs online (on the time that I pay her and using my internet), can I fire her?… read more
My wife has fibermyalgia and her employer is now telling ...
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Master's Degree
My wife has fibermyalgia and her employer is now telling her that she has to use all of her accrued vacation for this year before she can start using her FMLA leave. Plus they are saying they are goin… read more
Is an employer obligated to pay a salaried employee if she
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Is an employer obligated to pay a salaried employee if she takes several days off on her own? Can I reduce the pay to the hourly rate of the salaried amount? … read more
i work for a private cleaning service as a contractor. my
Phillips Esq., Attorney
i work for a private cleaning service as a contractor. my boss has had difficulty paying her employees for months, and i believe she has up to a month to hand out paychecks. I have not recieved a payc… read more
Employee is in 90 day prob. period. She has asked employer ...
Anne
Anne, Attorney
Employee is in 90 day prob. period. She has asked employer her sexual orientation, if she attends church... Employer had a rules of conduct meeting with employees to address these personal questions. … read more
I am a salary paid employee with 40 hours of vacation pay every
Employment Lawyer
Employment Lawyer, Attorney
I am a salary paid employee with 40 hours of vacation pay every year, with holidays off and paid for. My employer is now saying that no more vacation will be given and if a holiday falls on a day othe… read more
Can an employer use employee PTO time to pay outstanding debt?
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Can an employer use employee PTO time to pay outstanding debt? The company gave us a 60 day letter of layoffs and told us we would receive accrued vacation pay + severance per written policy. We then … read more