Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If you receive a check stub that has sick days whited out…

If you receive a...

If you receive a check stub that has sick days whited out and you had no knowledge of why or it being done. What can you do about it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was let go from my job after 18 years with no reason other than my contract was not renewed for the year 2018-2019. I have 5 years in full-time and am trying to get my retirement.

6/30/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I am very sorry you had to go through thisWhat outcome do you envision at this point?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want my retirement
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll contact my on lawyer thank you for yr time
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'd like the info but rather have it by email not a phone call
Ok. On review of your facts, you have a good case.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreementIf the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekBy being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you so much.
Excellent! Please click on the 5 star rating. ***** If you dont see it, just reply “5 stars” or “*****.” That’s how I get credit by the site. Thanks!You are also welcome to leave a bonus after rating. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer