Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I am reaching normal retirement age working for a company
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
I am reaching "normal retirement age" working for a company with a Defined Benefit Plan. The Plan states that benefits will not be paid if the employee "continues working". Doe that mean "working for … read more
My husband retired from the navy and the army and he paid
P. Simmons, Attorney
my husband retired from the navy and the army and he paid into 2 survivor benefit plans what am I entitled to.… read more
This question involves State of Florida retirement benefits. I
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
This question involves State of Florida retirement benefits. I am writing on behalf of a friend who does not have convenient internet access. If it matters, I have a Power of Attorney document from he… read more
I have been retired for 14 years and have received a monthly
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
I have been retired for 14 years and have received a monthly retirement benefit. The Simple Retirement Plan was funded by the Company by buying insurance. The benefit was for life, or 15 years certain… read more
I retired at age 60 and the company I retired from is paying
John, Employment Lawyer
I retired at age 60 and the company I retired from is paying by retirement benefits. I retired normally with no special benefits. Per my company's plan I got 100% of what I accrued after 40 years of s… read more
This is about SSA retirement benefits. I have been receiving
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
This is about SSA retirement benefits. I have been receiving a modest pension, from a non-US government pension plan to which I had contributed . I migrated here to join my family in 1984. In 2009, my… read more
can I change my retirement plans ? from 50% with wife benefits
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
can I change my retirement plans ? from 50% with wife benefits to 100% without wife benefits.… read more
I worked for the state for 15 yearsand I withdrew my contributions
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I worked for the state for 15 yearsand I withdrew my contributions to the retirement plan. Am I entitled to the amount the employer contributed too?… read more
i am an employee whos retirement plan is in direct benefits
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
i am an employee who's retirement plan is in direct benefits with the state of wisconsin. in the near future i will be required to start paying 5.8% of my income as my portion of the contribution. Can… read more
are retirement benefits under non-public plan exempt from execution
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
are retirement benefits under non-public plan exempt from execution of state court judgment?… read more
can you get unemployment in california and also get social
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
can you get unemployment in california and also get social swcurity benefits at retirement age? i recieve no planned retirement plans or pension plan.… read more
I am retired from Florida State, classed as line of duty disabled
A.J.
A.J., Attorney
I am retired from Florida State, classed as line of duty disabled on Workers Compensation. I believe that there is a maximum age to continue drawing WC Benifits. Can you advise me of that age?… read more
I just retired. I have a Defined Benefit Plan through my employer.
socrateaser, employment lawyer
I just retired. I have a Defined Benefit Plan through my employer. It is/was totally paid for by my employer. The benefit is based on my 5 year average monthly compensation. The administrator is sayin… read more
I have just retired at age 55 and moved to hawaii from california.
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney and Counselor at Law
I have just retired at age 55 and moved to hawaii from california. I have health insurance through my previous employer until I am 65. They tell me they cannot cover me through the health care/insuran… read more
I am a 67 year old State licensed Optician in the state of
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I am a 67 year old State licensed Optician in the state of Florida and have been working for a company a little over 5 years, I have received many awards from the corporation since I have been there a… read more
I am a biomedical engineer, age 67. I have 45 years in the
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
I am a biomedical engineer, age 67. I have 45 years in the profession. When I joined my present company 3.5 years ago I was permitted to maintain my medical research company, an LLC-this was placed in… read more
I am a recently retired (June 2011) local government employee,
JACUSTOMER-b0lr4fay-
JACUSTOMER-b0lr4fay-, Senior Tax Attorney
I am a recently retired (June 2011) local government employee, age 62. My retirement benefits exceed the limitation of a defined benefit plan (Section 415b) by $6000. My former employer has not set up… read more
I am familiar with Defined Benefit Pension Plans being
John, Employment Lawyer
I am familiar with Defined Benefit Pension Plans being Federally protected under ERISA. My husband is planning to retire at the end of this year and is questioning whether to take the lump sum payment… read more