Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am on salary at my job and have been working between 60-80…

I am on salary...

I am on salary at my job and have been working between 60-80 hours a week I would like to know how many hrs I am required to work and at what point do they have to pay me overtime I have also been in my position for a year and should be up for a raise we just got a new GM Monday but the last one said we could put in for it on 7/1 how do I go about making sure the new person follows through

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you hourly or salaried? How many hours do you work each week?

Salaried and I have been working between 60-80 hours per 1 week for the last month at least

Lawyer's Assistant: Where are you located? Overtime laws vary by state.

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2018
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and thank you for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

How many hours you work is up to you and your employer. As a salaried exempt employee, you are not required to be offered overtime. A salaried position is based on 40 hours but you are paid a set amount no matter how many hours you work. See link to see how flsa defines what employees can be exempt and thus not paid overtime: http://flsa.com/coverage.html

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be numbers from 1-5 or smiley faces next to my answer to choose from. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.

Christopher B, Esq.