Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
If we are paying someone $75.00 or more per hour do we need
Ben S.
Ben S., Owner
If we are paying someone $75.00 or more per hour do we need to pay them time and a half for over 40 hours per week. … read more
My question is based on the following hypothetical: an
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
My question is based on the following hypothetical: an employer designates an employee as salaried exempt. That employee is required to submit a time card registering eight hours per week day, and no … read more
Tina, and I feel we are not being compensated correctly as
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Hi Tina, My name is ***** ***** I feel we are not being compensated correctly as Salary employees. I was always under the impression that a person on salary would get the same weekly or bi-weekly pay … read more
I've been in my position as administrative assistant with a
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I've been in my position as administrative assistant with a credit union for 5 years now. i am a salary employee and get paid 75.86 hrs twice a month which equals to 35 hrs/wk. I put in many more hour… read more
With the new overtime ruling, where the salary threshold is
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
With the new overtime ruling, where the salary threshold is now $47,476, I have a few managers below that threshold, what are my options, I am thinking that I can raise them above the threshold or cla… read more
Can a non-exempt employee be salaried? Can the salary be distributed
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Can a non-exempt employee be salaried? Can the salary be distributed over the course of a year? This would include tracking the hours worked per week and if the employee exceeds forty hours per week w… read more
I am an exempt manager who is required to work 56 hour a week.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I am an exempt manager who is required to work 56 hour a week. I am also salaried. My paystub however has my wage broke down to a hourly wage showing and stating 40 hours. The company called a meeting… read more
Im a contract employee working as staff augmentation in an
A.J.
A.J., Attorney
I'm a contract employee working as staff augmentation in an R&D shop as a project manager for a large company A on T&M basis. My agency (company B) is paid about $100/hour and I get $67/hour of that. … read more
I am a contractor at AT&T in Conyers, GA, through XXXXX XXXXX
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I am a contractor at AT&T in Conyers, GA, through XXXXX XXXXX Agency (began 1/7/13). The hourly rate is not what I wanted, but agreed to before knowing how much work is required to manage the assignme… read more
Hi There, I just came back from an HR professional development
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Hi There, I just came back from an HR professional development workshop and am a bit freaked out, hoping that we've been doing things the correct way. We have an office of 10 people. Two administrator… read more
i was just hired as a Bar Manager in a restaurant in Raleigh,
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
i was just hired as a Bar Manager in a restaurant in Raleigh, NC with an annual salary of $47,000 a year.. However, My first 8 weeks I am a Manager in Training and am having to clock in and out each d… read more
I was told that an individul that is on salary, and is required
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I was told that an individul that is on salary, and is required to be in the field installing the company's product, can not be on salary and must be paid hourly with overtime. Is this a correct state… read more
According to Federal Labor laws, is it permissable to pay Chinese
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
According to Federal Labor laws, is it permissable to pay "Chinese Overtime" or half salary rate to Non-Exempt Salaried employees for hours worked over 40? Let's assume a non-exempt salaried person ea… read more
I am a Project Manager, can my boss make me work over 40 hours
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I am a Project Manager, can my boss make me work over 40 hours for straight time and not pay overtime in idaho? I work on a Davis Bacon contract.… read more
I am a salary employee. I worked 46 hours the week before last-
Joseph Leon
Joseph Leon, Member
I am a salary employee. I worked 46 hours the week before last- and this past week I worked 30, due to my daughter getting strep throat, I had to miss 2 days. The HR manager just informed me that I wi… read more
I work for a company that continually requires their managers
Len
Len, Attorney at Law
I work for a company that continually requires their managers to work in excess of 70 hours a week. Is there any recourse I can take to be compensated for the hours I am working and the time I am bein… read more
I am a Salaried/Exempt employee and work for a company in alabama
MichaelK
MichaelK, Senior Counsel
I am a Salaried/Exempt employee and work for a company in alabama that has promised Salaried/Exempt employees overtime pay in lieu of higher salaries upon hiring. This hiring practice has affected man… read more
I was hired as a salaried manager at $38,500.00/annual with ...
J D Haas
J D Haas, Trial Lawyer
I was hired as a salaried manager at $38,500.00/annual with no contract specifying mandatory hours above and beyond 40 hours weekly. We are required to clock-in and out. When I work a 50 Hour or more … read more