Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

In a lawsuit against an employer, do i include all

Customer Question
In a lawsuit against...

In a lawsuit against an employer, do i include all supervisors involved as defendants or just the company?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I'm a union employee. I was wrongfully terminated without just cause.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm filing a hybrid 301 claim in the federal district court against the union for bad faith representation and the employer for breach of contract. I wanted to know do i list all supervisors and union representatives as defendants or just the two organizations.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Did any of the supervisors commit any intentional acts like a battery, assault, or a trespass to your personal property?