Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I gave a two week notice and my employer asked me not to…

Customer Question
I gave a two...

I gave a two week notice and my employer asked me not to return I live in Kansas, do they have any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No, H/R is the owners wife small company

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I am sure Kansas is at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was also, wondering about unemployment. I had asked if I could attend college classes that would require me to miss 3 hours on mondays for the summer that is how this all started. I told him I would stay until he could find someone since he was not willing to work with me on the classes.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
6/10/2018
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. What do you mean recourse? Are they not paying you after they fired you?

if he would still have to pay for the two weeks sorry recourse was the wrong word. Also, unemployment benefits i suppose i would need to contact the unemployment office.
Nope, don't want to spend 59$ sorry to have bothered you.

I am happy to continue to type if you like. Let me know your preference