Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Ray, Employment lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I was "laid off" due to "financial reasons", and I found out
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
I was "laid off" due to "financial reasons", and I found out that someone else was being placed in my exact same position who costs more. I was told I have done a great job, contributed much to the co… read more
I was laid off after 9 years of service due to reduced in
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
I was laid off after 9 years of service due to " reduced in force" ( so they say)BUT they gave my position to someone else that had about 4 years of service. After 3 weeks this person just walked out … read more
I was laid off three days ago. The reason on the termination
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I was laid off three days ago. The reason on the termination letter is not perform job duty. I would file with EEOC soon. But I have a few question. 1. If I file with EEOC, then how much time will I h… read more
My friend got off without any reasonable explanation. Not
Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian, Principal Attorney
My friend got laid off without any reasonable explanation. Not because of his performance. He is very smart and hard-working. What can he do now to protect his rights?… read more
I was just laid off from my position as Director of Nursing
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
I was just laid off from my position as Director of Nursing from a home health agency allegedly due to a financial reasons in my company. My administrator offered me a "restructured position" which wo… read more
A person worked for the same co. for 25 years. He was an Operations
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
A person worked for the same co. for 25 years. He was an Operations Manager. Due to financial reasons (over and above the recession) his non-exempt, managerial position was replaced by a district mana… read more
i got a letter today saying due to a clerical error in 2000
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
i got a letter today saying due to a clerical error in 2000 I was overpaid the last 12 years and now I owe them $7900.… read more
Can an employer lay me off if they have someone else on the
lawyerJ
lawyerJ, Juris Doctorate
Can an employer lay me off if they have someone else on the team in the same position and they are now in a probationary period? My husband has been at the company for 2+ years and they just hired som… read more
I was laid off due to restructuring. I was given a letter sa
Faye Lee
Faye Lee, JD and MBA and Masters of Law
I was laid off due to restructuring. I was given a letter saying it was not due to my work and that I would still be an employee if they were not downsizing. Recently, someone left the department I wo… read more
I was recently laid off from my company (located in FL) ...
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
I was recently laid off from my company (located in FL) along with several other employees due to the financial situation the company is in. I, just recently, made two placements and am owed commissio… read more
After a few weeks looking, we hired someone last night to
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi, Attorney
After a few weeks looking, we hired someone last night to replace an existing employee due to performance reasons. Today, we were going to let that employee go, but she tells us that she was absent th… read more
Due to economic reasons, I was recently laid off from a County
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
Due to economic reasons, I was recently laid off from a County government job in Florida. My severance package is much smaller then previous lay off rounds. I had spoken to HR a month ago and even the… read more
I was laid off. My severance package waiver includes a clause
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I was laid off. My severance package waiver includes a clause that says that if the employer finds a reason that they could have fired me that they can discontinue the severance and have me return wha… read more
my uncle lost his job because someone else with the same last
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
my uncle lost his job because someone else with the same last name, first name and last four digits of social security number had a criminal conviction records? what can he do the clarity this mis-ide… read more
I was recently laid off due to financial reasons as stated
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I was recently laid off due to "financial reasons" as stated by the CEO even though I was doing a good job. When ask by colleagues, friends, etc why I was laid off, this is the reason that I give them… read more
I was laid off from a well known Global Corporation for reasons
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
I was laid off from a well known Global Corporation for reasons stated to be "performance". I felt my performance was not lacking and have been near the top to middle compared to colleagues. Shockingl… read more
Can an employer “permanently lay a person off saying
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy, Member
Can an employer “permanently lay a person off saying overstuffed then get someone else to replace you… read more
If I were laid off due to lack of work, can the company in
TX LAWYER
TX LAWYER, Juris Doctorate
If I were laid off due to lack of work, can the company in S.C hire someone else for a job I'm qualified for?… read more