Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Story short, I was let go from my place of work for wrongful…

Long story short, I...

Long story short, I was let go from my place of work for wrongful termination. I was originally looking up laws about discrimination, and promoting toxic work environments, as I had email chains with my previous employers documenting all the harassment, which they acknowledged, agreed, but did not take any action. Unfortunately the company had keystroke memory or whatever that is. So they had access to my personal email. I did not know about this. They had deleted all my email chains, including a UPS proof of delivery. One email stating it was received by "request as anonymous", then a second email saying "redonda", which is a fake name that nobody works there. I wanted to know, if I can file for mail tampering. Because It was addressed to my name, but it was at my work address they all claimed they never received such package and i ended up finding it a month later hidden in storage in a back warehouse

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

For that part, I'm going to go for a consultation. But I may not be entitled to sue since they deleted all of my proof Right now my priority is the mail tampering

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Forgive me what is at will? and no i'm not in a union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just if I can hold someone accountable, or if they can get away with doing that because it was sent to my work address, but it had my name on it

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/8/2018
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To be clear, you're asking if you can press criminal charges for mail tampering for deleting email messages?

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Can we talk via phone, it would just be more timely efficient
Phone call session started

I will call shortly. Thank you.

Absolutely, thank you
May I leave this chat so I may plug in my charger for the phone call?

Yes.

Thank you!

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!