Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was over paid. I noticed that my w-2 was for $82k a year.

Customer Question
I was over paid...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

My problem is that l told them ---in between that i had a raise, that had to be pro-active for 6 months. At that time, I was salary. Than I had a lot of over-time and than they change me to hourly rate.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No, union. I told my supervisor and she came back , it's not her business. Than I got hold of HR. Met with HR and of course my supervisor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told that it was computer error. I told them i will pay them and l didn't want my supervisor in our meeting. Also, i want calulation on how they came to that i owe them $20---Now i am getting pressure to meet by phone

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
6/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You are entitled to proof as to how you were overpaid and how much. Until you get that proof, you should not agree to anything with the employer. So you need to tell the employer in writing that you are not refusing to cooperate, you are simply asking for the proof you are entitled to that proves not only that you owe the money but an itemized accounting of how much you owe. Tell them that when you receive that you will then make arrangements to pay what you actually owe them.

That is all you can really do at this point.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.