Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can an employer cancel your health insurance the day before…

Thank you. Can an...

Thank you. Can an employer cancel your health insurance the day before one resigns. For example, cutting off health insurance on May 31 but one does not resign until June 1.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

With the HR representative.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No. I worked for a private company. I was hoping that I would have coverage until the end of the month and receive a cobra package. However, I have not received anything in the mail yet.

6/8/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
There is no basis to contest your position, which apparently is simply being pursued in bad faith against facts and lawOn review of your facts, you have a good case.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreementIf the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Acceptable..thank you