Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

A guy touched my inappropriately at work. I told my hr and…

A guy touched my...

A guy touched my inappropriately at work. I told my hr and he didnt get punished or fired

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Manager i went to hr they said that he admitted to it and apologize and is sorry

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The guys is really cool with my bosses. so after it happened i have excessive attention on me that no one else seems to deal with meeting everyhwere about my work and constant write ups there has been chrges of sexual misconduct in the past where a woman was raped

6/7/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the employer is not taking action on sexual harassment, you need to file a complaint and pursue legal action. To start off your complaint of sexual harassment, you need to file a complaint with the EEOC (http://www.eeoc.gov). The EEOC will investigate and grant you a right to sue letter. From that right to sue letter you have 90 days to file a suit.

So, you need to file your complaint with the EEOC as soon as possible and while waiting for the EEOC to investigate, you need to be looking for a local attorney to represent you in suing the employer when you get the right to sue letter.

The fact that the employer has taken no action and there have been similar past claims, this makes the claim willful and malicious on the part of the employer and as such allows you to seek extra damages.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

would have to report it 90 days after the incident? this happened in December and I told hr immediately. he still works here
I still work here as well

Thank you for your reply.

You have 180 days from the date of the incident to file your complaint to the EEOC if it was a one time incident involving you. I would make the report now as soon as possible to try to get it filed in time.

ok thank you

Thank you for your reply.

In the meantime, you should still start getting a local attorney so you do not miss any statute of limitations.