Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Marsha411JD, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
my sister worked for a well known hospital for 40 years. She
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
my sister worked for a well known hospital for 40 years. She is now 60 years old. She was told a few days ago that because of downsizing she was being laid off and they would give her 6 months severen… read more
My sister in law has been a server at a well known restaurant
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
My sister in law has been a server at a well known restaurant for the last 13 years. She has always been well liked by the customers and management. Approximately seven months ago and new manager bega… read more
My friend works as a manager for a well- known restaurant in
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
My friend works as a manager for a well- known restaurant in Philadelphia, PA. Two nights ago, a heavyset female customer was angry over a reservation, put her hands on my friend, harshly pushed him, … read more
Our daughter has been working a little over 5 years. Shortly
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Our daughter has been working a little over 5 years. Shortly after starting she was told as a manager she was not receiving overtime. They have had her working 10 to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. We … read more
My sister has MS and works at a library. Her 20 year work
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
My sister has MS and works at a library. Her 20 year work anniversary is approaching in Nov. and yesterday her boss and the HR rep ambushed her with a meeting asking her to retire in Jan 2017. They sa… read more
My sister in law has worked for Home Depot for over 20 years.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My sister in law has worked for Home Depot for over 20 years. She has been experiencing problems with her memory and may have early onset memory issues. She went to a neurologist and then went to Home… read more
My wife works in the lab at a local hospital where she has
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
My wife works in the lab at a local hospital where she has been for over 20 years. Over the last 3 years both her supervisor and lab director have been replaced. Over the last year, it appears that th… read more
MY MINOR DAUGHTER HAS WORKED AT A PLACE FOR A YEAR WHEN HER
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
MY MINOR DAUGHTER HAS WORKED AT A PLACE FOR A YEAR WHEN HER EVALUATION CAME THE MANAGER TOLD ANOTHER ASSOCIATE TO TELL MY DAUGHTER HER INCREASE, WHICH HAS HUMILATED MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE SHE IS MAKING L… read more
My sister has been a county employee for over 20 years.
BusinessDoc
BusinessDoc, Doctoral Degree
My sister has been a county employee for over 20 years. They are looking for a reason to fire her and they think they have one. She drove a county car with a suspended license, under her supervisor''s… read more
I have worked for a well known National Company for 20 years.
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I have worked for a well known National Company for 20 years. I was an Assistant Store Manager. I am now 61 years old and just fired. I have been offer a Severance Pay Package I feel is inadecuate and… read more
A friend working in a state library, for over a year, has
Loren, employment lawyer
A friend working in a state library, for over a year, has been told that they are letting her go because she doesn't fit with "their culture". They are an at will employer. However, this person did no… read more
My wife works at a large hospital ,has been there over 20
Loren, employment lawyer
my wife works at a large hospital ,has been there over 20 years, she has a masters degree in nursing. and is a charge nurse she has applied for 12 jobs and was never promoted and some times never even… read more
My daughter is 20 and was working at her first job. She was
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
Hi My daughter is 20 and was working at her first job. She was sexually harassed many times, others witnessed. The manager has admitted that he witnessed also. … read more
I have worked in the same place for over 20 years. I have
OnPointLegal
OnPointLegal, J.D.
I have worked in the same place for over 20 years. I have been a manager of a department for the past 11 years. We have had a complete turn over in administration and changes in personnel all over. I … read more
My wife was called into her managers office at work a little
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
My wife was called into her managers office at work a little over a week ago. Her manager told her she was being fired for attendance issues. When my wife informed her manager that she not only had a … read more
My daughter worked at a fast food place. At hiring she ...
Faye Lee
Faye Lee, JD and MBA and Masters of Law
My daughter worked at a fast food place. At hiring she signed and agreement to random UA. A manager recently told her they were suspicious of her not following the drug rules. She denied the claim and… read more
My fiance has been working for a company for over 12 years
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
My fiance has been working for a company for over 12 years in a management capacity. Very frequently she has to cover shifts and doesn't get paid a dime for it. Sometimes it's multiple times a week. S… read more
A manager of mine has been absent from the work place for over
JPEsq, Attorney
A manager of mine has been absent from the work place for over 6 month now because she has breast cancer. She is wanting to return to work and the human resources part of our company is saying we have… read more