Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a salary employee on at will status, can my employer…

Customer Question
I am a salary employee...
I am a salary employee on at will status, can my employer not pay me my full salary with out some kind of notice, I looked at Nevada law and if I am reading it correctly they are supposed to give me a 7 day notice in writing .
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
6/1/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The employer in NV must give an employee 7 days written notice before reducing your wages if they fail to do so the reduction is improper and they have to pay you the higher wage until they do.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.