Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am currently on a pip and i believe that i am being

Customer Question
Hi I am currently...

Hi I am currently on a pip and i believe that i am being 'monitored for idealistic performance rather than reality. I work for the public sector so although i ambeing told my decisions are right, I am being monitored for spelling errors in my reports and not quoting acts. I am starting to become overwhelmed and feel that it is bordering on harrassment but not sure hw i can demonstrate this, Today i left work early due to stress, My supervisor was on a day off so i emailed her and another supervisor as i hem know i was unwell, I would appreciate any guideanceexernally supervised. I also texted my supervisor as we had a meeting and I canceled. She send me a text saying i didn't follow protocol as I didn't call anyone to let t

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No as in our workplace the policy is if you are being performanced managed you are n't being harrassedif the direction is reasonable such as no spelling errors in reports

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I am a union delegate. I am also a person with disabilities, so sometime I do think it also borders on disability discrimination. I had a wais as part of a fitness for duty a few years ago and it identify perceptual learning issues (such as difficulity pciking up minor details) So simple soluiton s

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Lists. However the workplace appears to discount this as a ;earning disability viewing it more as organisational issues.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I am very sorry you had to go through thisWhat outcome do you envision at this point?