Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was wondering do Transgenders have any rights in the

Customer Question
I was wondering do...

I was wondering do Transgenders have any rights in the workplace in GA?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Non Profit At Will

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/31/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

GA law and federal law does not provide employment discrimination protection based on sexual orientation or transgender status I am afraid. The laws in GA are a bit antiquated as are the federal laws in this area of employment discrimination and have not added sexual orientation or transgender to their protected groups as of yet.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.