Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Missouri. Contacted Human Resources about Harrasment. Hamra…

Customer Question
Missouri Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Contacted Human Resources about Sexual Harrasment

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this harassment issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Hamra Enterprises with HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Salaried 16 years with company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes there a lot going on there has been a Manger rehired for sexual harassment by my previous District Manger and I believe rehired without hr even knowing my situation is now with current District Manager

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Employment Law
5/31/2018
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 21 days ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Mike Isenberg is my current district manager he also is a registered sex offender and use to be a sherriff

You should file with EEOC here.They investigate and issue you a right to sue letter.You can then sue employer if you were harassed here and receive damages and legal fees and costs.Often employer will settle with you once you get right to sue letter.These are your next steps.

EEOC file here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

t is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.

Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

You have options here beginning with EEOC and then a suit for damages.I am so sorry that this happened to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Have a blessed day.

Employment lawyer here to sue

Contact Information:

The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service (LRS)
PO Box 119
326 Monroe
Jefferson City, MO###-##-####br />Website: http://www.mobar.org/lrs/clients.htm
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>