Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can you help me with an invasion of privacy question? In CA?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/31/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

What is the question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi, if someone has agreed your texts are private and they are private in nature and that person then turns around and posts hem on the internet do you have any legal
Remedies
The agreement was verbal

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Remedies

Response: First you should contact the website where the information was posted and request that the post be deleted. You can also make a demand for the person who posted the information to remove it immediately or otherwise you would file lawsuit against the person for violation of your privacy.

It does not matter that the agreement was verbal. The person was not supposed to post your private texts online without your consent.

Finally, if the person is using the information to try to extort money from you, then you can file complaint at your local Police Station.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.