Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How is breaking a company rule considered misconduct if the…

Customer Question
How is breaking a...

How is breaking a company rule considered misconduct if the working conditions force the employee into having to break one rule to follow another?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I was a tech manager and was forced to decide between leaving equipment exposed in a place with children running around everywhere or clocking out for my break on time. i chose safety first and now am being denied unemployment. its a long chaotic story.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is your employee "at will?" Does the employee belong to a union?

I was the employee. and, no, i dont belong to a union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was promised an assistant which i never received, and my game room attendants were constantly being put in other positions by the GM, leaving me alone on the gameroom floor, and having to do their job and mine.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/30/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Could you help me understand what your idea outcome is in this situation?