Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work part time at perrys, i have an employee there who is…

Customer Question
I work part time...

I work part time at perrys, i have an employee there who is always making sexual jokes to me and now have decided to grabb my behind, i have complained to managers and they ask me if i want to change shifts cause there is nothing they could do unless they are witness, I am afraid to go to work

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Help

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
6/1/2018
Employment Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
noone has contacted me, and im so afraid to go in to work today, but afraid that if i dont go they may fired me. I dont know what to do
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to go to work. However, if your manager has taken your complaint and has done nothing other than asked you if you want to move shifts, this would violate the discrimination laws. You would need to file a complaint with the EEOC (http://www.eeoc.gov) and they will come in and investigate. In the meantime go to work, if the employee grabs you, then call the police and file a battery charge against them and have them arrested.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.