Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am an exempted employee. I just found out that if you come…

Customer Question
I am an exempted...

I am an exempted employee. I just found out that if you come in to work for even 5 min on a scheduled day off, it is considered a work day, and will get another scheduled day off? I am on call every third week. IT professional. I sometimes get called when I am not on call for help and advise on problems that occur and have to sign in from home to work. Does this count under this law? Another ? is about holidays. I just worked a few hours on Memorial Day due to production problems. Do I get another Holiday Day off?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this scheduling issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

And there have been times when I have been called to work from home while on vacation. Is that considered a work day, and would I get another vacation day?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I have not talked to anyone about my question. There were 3 managers that were scheduled off on this past Tuesday. They were called in to work for a problem. I noticed the vacation sheet was changed and they removed the vacations day and scheduled another. So I questioned that to another manger here. And he told me that HR told all managers, (which was not told to our group here) of this law. That if you come in for even 5 min, it is considered a full work day and you will not be charged the vaca or personal day. No I am not in a Union. I work as an IT salaried professional. So, I notice this happening with the managers in my Department, and the employees working under those mangers where not told about this law. I thought they would not tell us because we are called so often on days off that we would have too many days off..lol.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just wanted to know about the law and who has to follow it? Does this apply to ALL salaried non-union professionals?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/30/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Did company declare this policy in advance?
Did you read all my text to the person I was talking to?
I have to type it all again?
Is this a fraud?
I guess I will be filing a fraud with my banks - one already flagged it as fraud and I had to us another card
Filed a fraud - sorry - calling NYS to tell them to pull your advertisement from the Labor Web site.