Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

The nurse practioner stopped all my meds until she could do…

Customer Question
The nurse practioner stopped...

The nurse practioner stopped all my meds until she could do lab work the next week. I went into to what appears to be med withwals with serious repucussions including a fall that lead to a trip to an ER. The Nurse part toot me off the meds, my fall was 5 days later. I am still not back to functioning anywhere near normal.Have to use cane and still may fall. Depending on friend for so much.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I've seen a nurse practioner at a Family Care Center where they drew blood today and I will get the results tomorrow. You don't see a doctor there.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am seeing double visions so I had my eyes checked. It could be result of fall but can' t be sure. But didn't occur until after fall.. Is bad when occurs.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/30/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I am very sorry you had to go through thisWhat outcome do you envision at this point?
Is it worth my pursuing it in court?
On review of your facts, you have a good case.I would not rush to sue but insurance may settle!A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreementIf the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekBy being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”