Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Husband offered a job with a competitor. He signed the non…

Customer Question
Husband offered a job...

Husband offered a job with a competitor. He signed the non compete. It states he can’t work within 100 miles of the company in any state or area. The job he would like to take, has nothing to do with the position he has now. He will not be with any customers or deal with any customers at all. He will be in a plant and is currently a general manager with an opportunity to be a supply chain manager?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has the husband discussed the non-compete agreement with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes with the employer he has been offered the job from. They also let their lawyers review it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will we live in Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Salaried

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/30/2018
Employment Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

What is the issue with it? Does this other company engage in the same type of business he is in now?