Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What do I do about unfair pay at work. Not with a lawyer but…

Customer Question
What do I do...

What do I do about unfair pay at work

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not with a lawyer but numerous times I spoke to the boss/owner about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yeah he would pay us salary at 40 hours a week. I said something to him because I have been working 65 hours a week. Then if I’m even late once he takes 20$ out of my pay daily even for being 2 min late when it’s salary

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Employment Law
5/30/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreement. If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekmartindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!