Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

One of my husbands co workers stabbed him with a box cutter…

Customer Question
One of my husbands co...
One of my husbands co workers stabbed him with a box cutter in an act of violence, he went to the hospital and the hospital asked him if it was a work-related incident. He said yes and they advised him that he needed to go to a follow up dr appointment or he would loose his job. But then my husbands boss told him that not to go to the follow up doctors appointment?!! I dont understand why they would tell him that and Im worried we are going to o be responsible for the hospital bills
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/30/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this violent incident.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

First and foremost, your husband needs to make sure that incident report was completed regarding the stabbing. Click here for accident reporting information.

He needs to go to the follow-up appointment as directed by the medical facility.

He will not be responsible for the medical bills because this is worker's compensation issue. Click here for information on how to file a claim if the employer refuses to pay for the medical bills.

The co-worker who did this needs to be terminated and also reported to the Police for possible prosecution of the crime.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.