Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If you are written up by an employer, dont they have to give…

Customer Question
If you are written...

If you are written up by an employer, dont they have to give you a copy of the write up?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The administrator of the nursing home where i work suspended me today, and said that i had een written up 4 times since december. I remember 2 times that i was given write ups for being lste. I had to sign them and was given a copy.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union. I st will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I jave been zccused of talking mean to family members. In a couple of the cases it is true. About two months prior i gave notice and was going to leave because of some strange practices goubg on, but changed my mind. Now it seems as if the admin. Is out to get me.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Employment Law
5/29/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 19 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Employment law covers a lot of areas such as a safe and discrimination free working environment that allows you a minimum wage and to be paid on time. But the problem is that the law doesn't require employers to provide you any documentation regarding a write-up. The only time it would be required is if the company policy stated that they would give you one and didn't. Otherwise, state and federal law don't require that. I'm very sorry.

Because I value your input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer