Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My supervisor let me work in a very tight schedule. I become…

Customer Question
My supervisor let me work...
My supervisor let me work in a very tight schedule. I become suffering from tinnitus。(ringing in the ears). I can not focus and can not sleep. Is it possible I can sue the company for compensation.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/29/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The only claim you can have against an employer is workers compensation. If your working conditions have caused you to suffer tinnitus then you need to file a workers compensation claim with the employer and if they deny the claim then you can sue in workers compensation.

The issue with workers compensation is you can recover only pay for your medical expenses and you can receive 2/3 of your pay for time you cannot work, but no pain and suffering damages.

However the law says for all work related injury workers compensation is your only recourse.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.