Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was caught stealing a few items. But the value is less…

Customer Question
I was caught stealing a...
I was caught stealing a few items. But the value is less than $100. Can they take my pension away. I am retiring in less than 3 days. I am worried Please answer me ASAP
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Employment Law
5/30/2018
Employment Lawyer: Attorney 1, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Please let me know your state and whether or not you are a public elected official or employee, and please confirm there were no felony convictions. In all likelihood, your pension is secure, but I'll doublecheck for you as soon as I get the additional information. Thanks.Best,
Attorney 1
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am in New York, but the incident happened in New Jersey. I am not a public elected official or employee. I have not been convicted of anything as yet. It happened yesterday and they told me they will call me today.
Employment Lawyer: Attorney 1, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Good news! There's no reason to believe your pension is in jeopardy. All should be fine.I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll continue providing assistance. If your question was answered, please remember to leave a positive rating where indicated. Five star ratings are especially appreciated!Best,
Attorney 1