Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boss said here just sign this, she put the paper infant…

Customer Question
My boss said here...

My boss said here just sign this, she put the paper infant of me while I was chatting , I signed it and then went home and thought - what was that about,

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No, I am an aid with autistic students at a middle school. I don't usually need to sign things. She was really friendly and I was distracted. Now I am worried and suspicious.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I pay union dues out of my pay check but I think I probably need to check to see if I am actually a member.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I am embarrassed that I did such a foolish thing. Signing without reading a document, when I am never asked to sign things. I should have been more attentive at the time. I am just an aid and not well paid, but have worked at my school and in this program for 10 years.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/29/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post. Can you please tell me what your legal question is? Also, what would make you worried or suspicious?

Cam i recant my signiture if i don't agree with the wording and the document
No thank you.
I will ask my supervisor to read the document and resolve the issue myself

Did you still need assistance? If so, I can't tell you whether or not you have the right to change your mind on the signature unless I know what it is you signed.