Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was subject to antisemitism in my last job. I worked from…

Customer Question
I was subject to...

I was subject to antisemitism in my last job. I worked from 7/24/17 until 9/12/17 when I was terminated . The comments made by my supervisor to me created a very hostile work environment. He would say "you Jews are responsible for killing Jesus Christ." l

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I filed a complaint with the EEOC, and I don't know what else to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. The company hired a law firm out of Boston, but the EEOC case is in Atlanta. They sent me a Position Statement, but it's full of opinions, very few facts, and lots of inconsistencies.;

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/28/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Their attorney sent me a :Position statement, which is totally untrue. Yes, I was terminated for accessing the internet at work, but this should not affect his antisemitic remarks. Since I filed with the EEOC, I have 20 days to respond to their Position statement. I am at a loss as to how to proceed from this point.

Understood. So, one of the things that you should do is you should immediately contact the investigator assigned to your case if there is anything at all you don't understand or could use some help clarifying. Regardless, your investigator should be in touch to discuss next steps. Ordinarily, the next steps are to suggest mediation and also an assignment of a judge in the matter who may potentially hear and review all of your documentation.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?