Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Well there is an issue in my work place and i feel my boss…

Customer Question
Well there is an...

Well there is an issue in my work place and i feel my boss is treating unfarely

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Manger is the one intimidating me and they threatened up about calling HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Florida has an open door policy and im not with the union

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about the way you are being treated. Are you asking if it is illegal for your boss to be unfair to you? Can you clarify what your specific question is?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
we recently got a new manager and he has been on a rampage of letting people go. He told us from the beginning that there were to many people hired in our department and he will need to cut it down. I work as a service supervisor at a car dealership. on one occasion a regular customer of mine brought in his car for some repairs and i wrote up the ticket and the job was done. couple days later he called me saying he was still having the same issues, so i told him to bring the car in but i wasnt at the office but i will tell someone to put the keys to your car in my office and i will get on it first thing in the morning. well the net morning the manager decided to take the keys of the customer and give it to one of the women supervisors (and all the male supervisors have been noticing that the new manager has been giving more work tickets to the woman than the men). i was a little upset and i asked him why he did that and he said the customer was pissed and needed the car right away. i was like ok so i called the customer and told him that i wasn't his supervisor anymore and the customer was upset and called the manager to give the job back to me. Well the job was given back to me but the manager started to act differently now and aid you didnt have to call the customer. Since then he has been trying to check to see if everything is done of mine and purposely trying to find things wrong. he hasnt done it to anyone else.on another occasion a valet guy came in to my office and started arguing with me infront of all the other supervisors, customers and managers, i kept my cool and i leaned over and called out to the manager and said are you going to stand there and let this happen. the manager called the valet guy to his office and as the valet guy was exiting my office he pushed me with his forarms. everyone saw this and long story short nothing was done about it because i asked and other people asked and they said they were going to handle it. but he is still working the normal hours.the manager and director also threatened us saying dont expect us to save your asses and your job if you go and complain to HR.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
would you rather me call you?