Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What if my union rep showed my employer a text message I…

Customer Question
What if my union...

What if my union rep showed my employer a text message I sent him regarding an investigation situation that was taking place

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Your the first

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I belong to a union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What's an at will employee?

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I believe my state is an at will state, But according to another union rep, since the person who was doing the investigation told me she heard from other union members that I was so called bad mouthing her, which isn't true, that that was a conflict of interested and she shouldn't have been doing my investigation, is this true, I was terminated due to This, any advise or answers will be greatly appreciated, ty
Answered in 1 day by:
5/28/2018
Employment Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 21 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I'll wait. Ty
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 21 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience on this. So, I looked at your situation and I couldn't determine what questions you had. For your knowledge, the law doesn't specifically exclude a union rep from showing an employer text messages during an investigation; however, it does mean that you could sue the union for failing to uphold their promises to represent you. In your case, could you help me understand what questions you had specifically about this that I can help you with?