Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have an EEOC case and I have been asked to initiate a

Customer Question
I have an EEOC...

I have an EEOC case and I have been asked to initiate a discovery

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the EEOC case discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

But I am not sure what that means

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Salary government employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, I need representation but I also need to draft a discovery

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Employment Law
5/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Eric. Y., Esq., Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Eric. Y., Esq.

Hello. My name is Eric. I am an attorney and can answer your question.

Please ask your question..

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi
I have an eeoc case against the Department of state and I have been asked to iniitate a discovery, what I need to know is do I need to request information from those I beleive I cannot get unleass through court or even from my willing witnesses,
Also is there a special format to initiate discovery and do I have to follow it and submit all the questions that I need to ask
what is meant by 30
2. Each party may submit a single discovery request, which may not exceed the following number, including all discrete subparts:
2
a. Thirty (30) interrogatories, thirty (30) requests for production of documents, and thirty (30) requests for admissions. Requests for production of documents may not be submitted separately with a notice of deposition.
b. When a complainant is pro se, agencies must request the Administrative Judge's prior permission before making requests for medical information.
c. Federal agencies use different methods to conduct searches of electronic s
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi
I have an eeoc case against the Department of state and I have been asked to iniitate a discovery, what I need to know is do I need to request information from those I beleive I cannot get unless through court or even from my willing witnesses,
what is meant by 30
2
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hithe questions that I need to ask
what is meant by 30
2

What is the basis of your EEOC claim? Sexual Harrassment, Discrimination -race, religion, gender, sex? Disability? FMLA?

Interrogatories are questions to the opposing party. You may not exceed 30 questions.

Requests for production are requests for documents. You may not make more than 30 requests for documents.

Requests for admissions are requests to admit or deny statements of fact. You may not ask more than 30 requests to admit or deny statements of fact.

Attached are sample employment law interrogatories. Use whichever fit your case as examles.

For requests for admission, you want to request the employer to admit certain facts regarding your claims, employment, and discipline received or termination. For document requests, you want to requests policies and procedures, emails, and any correspondence that relates to your employemnt and termination/discipline.

I hope this information helps, if so, please rate my response on a scale of 3-5 stars. Thank you.