Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Do you have employment lawyers. No I haven't discussed it…

Customer Question
Do you have employment...

Do you have employment lawyers

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I haven't discussed it with anyone except to apply for intermittant fmla

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was denied my request for intermittant fmla at at place I have worked at for many years. I was on fmla last year because I had a whipple for metastatic cancer. I used about 8 weeks of fmla last year. They are telling me I cant go on fmla because I am short some hours. I still have the cancer and am under treatment for it, THe treatments are expensive

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Employment Law
5/26/2018
Employment Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Do you know whether you have met the requirement under FMLA to have worked 1250 hours during the previous 12 months?

I don't offer phone calls, but we can continue talking here.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
They are telling me I have not met those hours. Mainly because I had a surgery last summer and was out from July 18 through Oct 10. Can anyone see my posts?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok I just want to make sure this is confidential.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Are you still here?

These posts are all anonymized.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I think I would rather have private conversation.
Employment Lawyer: Eric Y., Esq.,
 replied 23 days ago
Eric Y., Esq.
Phone call session started