Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was under a terrible microscope for the better part of the…

Customer Question
I was under a terrible...
I was under a terrible microscope for the better part of the year so every infraction was reported directly to HR- shiould I mention this in phone trial with the judge?
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Employment Law
5/26/2018
Employment Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 22 days ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically is going on?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hi Dan- My name is ***** ***** well. I am a teacher at a private school in Davie Florida. Long story short a parent didnt like the rade her son got in my class and is a big contributor to the school. Went directly to the Head of the school and tried to get me fired-I have been on 2- 90 day probationary periods and under the microscope all year. Out of the blue I received a Final Written Notice with a long list of expectations. After filling out 100s of pages of curriculum reedits and being called into the office for the littlest of incidences. I made a deal with the managers that I would finish out the semester strong and do my job. The said they wouldnt fire me and would help me get another job- We both admitted it wasnt a good fit- Then out of the blue I am being escorted out of the building as if I had committed a crime.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
There was 28 days from the final "incident" to actually firing me. They say that it was due to misconduct. That the Florida staute

Have you actually gotten negative reviews?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I talked to a lawyer and he said to find out if I could or should present an affidavit from my witnesses
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Last year not any . They did my last evaluation within this same time period and it was awful
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Dan are you still there?

That would be a good first step - have you spoken to HR about what happened? Did you report the incident from the donor's child?

Tina, Lawyer