Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can i settle my workers comp case do to becoming homeless. I…

Customer Question
Can i settle my...

Can i settle my workers comp case do to becoming homeless

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes i am sad and scared but i wish i knew i was doing the rite thing i will have to move out of state

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My doctor sign off on light duty but i cant make it do to what im going threw

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/26/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You should not settle your case until you have completely recovered the best you will, called maximum medical improvement. A workers compensation insurer will not be able to properly settle your case anyhow until you reach MMI and your doctor gives you a permanent disability rating so you will still have to wait to completely settle the case.

I know you are desperate for money, but you need to make sure you have reached the maximum improvement and your doctor issues a permanent disability rating and then you could settle.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.