Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Ray, Employment lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I am a journeyman electrician working for a local company.
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I am a journeyman electrician working for a local company. I just found out that I have been demoted and may possibly loose my job due to slander. The owner of another company accused our company of n… read more
I have been demoted and a six dollar a hour cut in pay. But
VL Lawyer
VL Lawyer, Juris Doctorare
I have been demoted and a six dollar a hour cut in pay. But still doing mostly the same job I was and still the only female in the position of operation manager. Since they have hired 3 men to handle … read more
I am being forced to take a demotion with a pay cut. The position
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I am being forced to take a demotion with a pay cut. The position is not in my field and it would be a humiliating situation. I would like to quit but I'm afraid I won't be granted unemployment.… read more
The company I work for just had their 3rd layoff and I was
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
The company I work for just had their 3rd layoff and I was demoted with a cut in pay. I was then informed that someone else was hired to do the job I was demoted from. Is there any recourse here?… read more
I have been out of work on disability with my crohns disease.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I have been out of work on disability with my crohns disease. My fmla has expired and I still am not able to return at this time. They have told me that I can apply for another position when I amready… read more
After i was demoted, my pay was reduced. 5 other also had been
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
After i was demoted, my pay was reduced. 5 other also had been been demoted and their pay was not reduced. I was the only one over 55. I was also harashed by the new boss how gave me a final written w… read more
I worked for a company for three years. Then I just had a ...
Anne
Anne, Attorney
I worked for a company for three years. Then I just had a baby, two days before I went on FMLA leave they cut my pay. Secound I got released to go back to work on MAY 16. Went to work to talk about re… read more
I was just demoted at work and am forced to take a 2.20 an
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I was just demoted at work and am forced to take a 2.20 an hour pay cut they are going to offer me a different job tomorrow if I don't want to take it can I quit and collect unemployment … read more
If I was offered a demotion and pay cut or leave & have a severnce
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
If I was offered a demotion and pay cut or leave & have a severnce package paid to me, do I still have the ability to collect unemployment?… read more
question about 6 months ago i found out i had been demoted
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
question about 6 months ago i found out i had been demoted may of 08 no prior knowledge of being demoted until i went into my profile to see it had been done.as a key carrier for the store i was quite… read more
I have MS and had an exacerbation in March. I took FMLA, but
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I have MS and had an exacerbation in March. I took FMLA, but I am still unable to work. FMLA ran out an I was discharged. I completely understand that they have no responsibility to extend that time. … read more
Benefits and cutting back on hrs.I found out on the 17th of
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
Benefits and cutting back on hrs.I found out on the 17th of may that i was going to lose my insurance at work and that i had lost all my vacatin time & my pto (paid time off). As of may the 20th i wil… read more
I had been out on fmla for 12 weeks, then returned to work.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I had been out on fmla for 12 weeks, then returned to work. my health condition was chronic and continuing to cause me problems. i had heard i could extend my fmla. I asked Hr and they referred me to … read more
I have used my 12 wks fmla and am still not able to return
Loren, employment lawyer
I have used my 12 wks fmla and am still not able to return to work. what will happen with my job… read more
I sent the an email to my company HR dept and was demoted and
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I sent the an email to my company HR dept and was demoted and had my pay cut the next day. It stated that 2 operations managers for the largest security firm in Port Everglades and Port of Miami were … read more
Q 1. I am a tenure teacher in New York State. I am on administrative
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
Q 1. I am a tenure teacher in New York State. I am on administrative leave with pay. On the 23rd of September, this may change. The district is currently seeking to eventually dismiss me. If am suspen… read more
i filled days off an denied but then i found out i was gonna
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
i filled days off an denied but then i found out i was gonna need fmla the next day and the same day i had asked off g/ma get out of hospital do i try to fight it or file unemployment cuz when i calle… read more
I was recently demoted and took a 600 hundred dollar a week
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
I was recently demoted and took a 600 hundred dollar a week cut in pay with out signing anything or approving this. My old boss just called and asked for recordeds on an old employee of mine and accus… read more