Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How much does my employer has to give my check sinc he fire…

Customer Question
How much long does...

How much long does my employer has to give my check sinc he fire me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I show up at my employer house that he doesn’t have a office. Witch he was a week late with my check. that’s Why i show up at his house an my employer fire me because he got mad I show up at his place. When I was there they told me they just printed my check an they had giving it to my Forman. When I got to my Forman he let me know I got fire that’s was it

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It’s prevalling wage an they are two more guys also got fire by the same reason . I haven got my final pay check Monday will be 48 hrs since I let them know an they know I’m moving forward

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/26/2018
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 2 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

What state are you in here?

In Oregon

Under Oregon's final paycheck law, you will need to pay your employee all wages earned but unpaid by the end of the next business day. ORS 652.140(1). The statute allows an exception from the final paycheck requirements if the contract makes provisions for final pay.

Technical Assistance for Employers Paychecks - Oregon.gov

www.oregon.gov/boli/TA/pages/t_faq_tafinpay.aspx

Feedback

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/WHD/Pages/FactSheets-FAQs/WH-FS-100-Final-Pay.aspx

File complaint here

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/WHD/Pages/W_Whcomplaint.aspx

It appears they are late to you on your final check, file complaint here and force them to pay you.They can be fined as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.So sorry the employer mistreated you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Oregon is an atwill state I’m pr sure . Is it okay how he fired me ?

You can claim EEOC here if you feel there was discrimination here age, over 40 , sex, race.

File here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

You can sue for wrongful termination based on the discrimination here.These are exceptions to at will employee.

Thank you

Have a blessed day, stars at op of page, thanks for 5 stars.