Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work in Information Technology. Recently the agency I work…

Customer Question
I work in Information...

I work in Information Technology. Recently the agency I work for as brought in a outsourcing company that has taken over some of the duties I used to do. On Monday I was told I now report to the outsourcing company. It's not a situation I'm not comfortable with. I'm also wondering if it's even legal, being told that I report to someone who is not even an employee of the agency I work for.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I've discussed this with HR but they haven't gotten back to me yet. This is by first step as far as getting legal advice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope. That should do it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
5/25/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

I can certainly understand your frustration with this. However, this is nothing illegal about outsourcing some of an employee's responsibilities or having an employee report to outsourced management. In fact, this is becoming an increasingly common practice. I'm not saying it's right, but it absolutely does not violate any law.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.