Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am looking to resign from a tenured government position…

Customer Question
I am looking to...

I am looking to resign from a tenured government position because of a disagreement and also fli related. this is a part time position i know longer can fit into with my ill fathers care. i need a confidential part,diflimation of character, no interference with unemployment,disability or pension in the future.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this unemployment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not in detail. i do not believe i will be seeking unemployment. my fulltime employer made me work 70 + hours weekly as i dealt with my dad and husband having cancer it affected my health now at my dr advice she wants me to not go back to work and get better first i have multiple diagnosis that may be permanent or temp still testing all this while i deal with a terminal 69 father with stage 4 cancer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union but i am tenured by the state of nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have other concerns with my full time employer that may result in a huge lawsuit and dept of labor for us just finished investigation and they violated items. i just want to at this time to resign from my parttime town with protection

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 26 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can wait for a few days but would like to know by Tuesday morning
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 26 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.