Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I am getting laid off and am 5 months pregnant. Does my employer
Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Founder
I am getting laid off and am 5 months pregnant. Does my employer have to pay for maternity leave?… read more
I feel as if my employer is trying to get me to resign. He
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I feel as if my employer is trying to get me to resign. He has made false statements about me and things I have said. I had a terrible accident while on business just 1 year ago. I almost died. My man… read more
I am on maternity leave. My employer is asking me to pay them
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I am on maternity leave. My employer is asking me to pay them the health insurance portion that is over their allowance before returning to work. They never asked to other disable employees in the fut… read more
New York State I am an employer with three employees. One of
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
New York State I am an employer with three employees. One of my employees is pregnant and is going on maternity leave. Do I have to hold her position?… read more
My employer let me go for trying to steel their contract from
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
My employer let me go for trying to steel their contract from the FAA. When I asked them who they got that info from they would not tell me. I never tried tho do this and now they are telling unemploy… read more
If I am pregnant and due to go on maternity leave in a few
INFOLAWYER, Partner
If I am pregnant and due to go on maternity leave in a few weeks, can my employer cut my hours to make me part time and thus ineligible for disability wages?… read more
My employer over paid me during maternity leave. In addition
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
My employer over paid me during maternity leave. In addition wages were still going into my 401K. They are asking for it back. I am paying them back the wages, but can they take out of my 401K? … read more
Hi my name is Tamahra and i wanted to know if it is possible
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX i wanted to know if it is possible for my manager to send me on maternity leave at 30 weeks pregnant with out letting me know but sending the message through a co-worker? Eve… read more
Am I eligible for Oklahoma unemployment benefit, when my employer
Am I eligible for Oklahoma unemployment benefit, when my employer let me go because I told them that my wife has just opened her own business in Texas?… read more
My question is: Can my employer terminate me, because I am
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My question is: Can my employer terminate me, because I am not the person he feels that is suitable for this job, before the 180 calendat day probationary period. He told me this, this past Friday, he… read more
I was let go for my employer in the middle of a pay period,
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I was let go for my employer in the middle of a pay period, he said that he would pay me until the end of the pay period. When I received my paycheck it didn't include my vacation pay, which was 40 ho… read more
My employer hired me and then later let me know he was paying
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
My employer hired me and then later let me know he was paying me as an independent contractor so he didn't have to take out taxes, etc. After 6 months of work, he had a cash flow problem and stopped p… read more
If a pregnant employee has to go out for medical reasons required
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
If a pregnant employee has to go out for medical reasons required by her doctor can the employer let her go. The employer has less than 50 employees and has not had a previously disabled working that … read more
This is a bit complex but I will try to keep it brief. My
John, Employment Lawyer
This is a bit complex but I will try to keep it brief. My employer, IBM let me go, two months before my 65th birthday. IBM has a ton of lawyers, they are not an easy company to sue. I have worked for … read more
I am currently on maternity leave, my employer called me into
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I am currently on maternity leave, my employer called me into work today and told me they were not going to be able to offer me my full time position back at my work place. They were only going to off… read more
Yes i have recently had a problem with the employer paying ...
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Master's Degree
Yes i have recently had a problem with the employer paying me. They bounced a check to me and let me go. And are not paying me for the check plus the other hours they owe me. What can i do to fight th… read more
I recently got let go during the pre-employment training
Loren, employment lawyer
I recently got let go during the pre-employment training period. Since I did not technically hold the position and did not get paid, am I legally obligated to report this job to future employers?… read more
i was let go by my recent employer, he signed a paper saying
Roger, Litigation Attorney
i was let go by my recent employer, he signed a paper saying that he had to let me go due to the economy. i have been recieving the unemployment and still have not been able to find another job. He wo… read more