Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
As a shift worker, I am instructed I must clock out out as
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
As a shift worker, I am instructed I must clock out out as soon as my relief arrives. This results are I'm not getting a full 8 hours on my timesheet, therefore not on my paycheck! When I asked why my… read more
I was fired for swearing after I had clocked out for the day
ADillon
ADillon, employment lawyer
I was fired for swearing after I had clocked out for the day and was headed out if the building, but was still in the building. Could this be considered wrongful termination....can I be allowed to col… read more
In an emergency situation where there is no time to fill out
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
In an emergency situation where there is no time to fill out the proper forms for FMLA, can an employee get fired after giving all the facts to their General Manager and was told that if you go when y… read more
I was fired because I stayed at work after clocking out from
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I was fired because I stayed at work after 'clocking out' from time record system. In the previous jobs, I was an exempt employee and was not keen on the time record and physical presence after clocki… read more
Can I still receive UE benefits left in an account in 2009
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
Can I still receive UE benefits left in an account in 2009 and held up even after a favorable out come from an appeals board in 2010?.I tried to keep appying for UE but once I entered my SS# XXXXX was… read more
I was on fmla for medical condition that emerged after death
Judith
Judith, Owner
I was on fmla for medical condition that emerged after death of my mother. I was contacted by employer shortly before fmla's end (july 9th, 2012) & told if i would not have a physician's release back … read more
I forgot to clock back in for lunch on two different
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
I forgot to clock back in for lunch on two different occasions and even though I clocked out at the end of the shift my agency is refusing to pay me for those hours. … read more
I was just fired after coming back from FMLA leave because
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I was just fired after coming back from FMLA leave because of the return to work date on the form, however I continued to have a persistent problem. I was terminated for violating the attendance polic… read more
I am a salaried employee. I had clocked out after my shift
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I am a salaried employee. I had clocked out after my shift & was going home, but I needed some things so I decided to shop in the same store that I work.While I was shopping, a client had a question a… read more
My employer has instituted a policy that if you forget to electronically
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
My employer has instituted a policy that if you forget to electronically forget to clock out after your shift that he does not and will not have to pay you for the hours worked. Is this legal? If I ca… read more
What is the federal law if employees fail to clock in or clock
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
What is the federal law if employees fail to clock in or clock out for their shift? It's my assumption that if employees are notorious of failing to clock in or clock out for their shift, that they ar… read more
I GOT FIRED FROM MY EMPLOYEE AT THE END OF MY SHIFT FOR STEALING
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I GOT FIRED FROM MY EMPLOYEE AT THE END OF MY SHIFT FOR STEALING TIME FOR NOT WORKING,NOT CLOCKING IN AND SAYING I WAS AT WORK AND WAS NOT AND THE AMOUNT WAS 92 DOLLARS AND THEY SAID THEY HAVE ME ON T… read more
I was fired for leaving my job site after clocking out at my
RobertJDFL, Attorney
I was fired for leaving my job site after clocking out at my designated time. After I punched out, my manager and another manager asked to talk to me. I asked if it could wait until the next day, sinc… read more
the employer is making the employyes sign a documentation to
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
the employer is making the employyes sign a documentation to assist a training and clock out after their shift to attend this training and if they do not attend they will be terminated and will not be… read more
I work the 7 AM - 3 PM shift at the local hospital. They provide
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I work the 7 AM - 3 PM shift at the local hospital. They provide the scrubs on-site, but require that we clock in AFTER getting dressed & "ready for work". We are required to be dressed & ready for wo… read more
i was fired foe taking breaks without clocking out . out on
RobertJDFL, Attorney
i was fired foe taking breaks without clocking out . out on fmla when they had the meet telling every one of this change . ihave nver missed work always work 70 80 hr a week for this company it seems … read more
I was recently fired for forgetting to clock out for my lunch.
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
I was recently fired for forgetting to clock out for my lunch. They stated this was time clock fraud. However I know of at least 2 other co-workers who were only given warnings and written up for this… read more
is anyway to still get my unemployment after being fired from
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
is anyway to still get my unemployment after being fired from a job I held 25yrs. for misconduct and lying during an investigation of alleged sexual harrassment of a patient.… read more