Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Loren, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
Can an employer mandate a 40 hr/week employee leave work early
John, Employment Lawyer
Can an employer mandate a 40 hr/week employee leave work early and make them use vacation hours or Combined time off hours from their accrual bank?… read more
Is it legal for a employeer to make their employees get ...
EMJ1219
EMJ1219, Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm
Is it legal for a employeer to make their employees get direct deposit? Also can an employer force an employee to pay the printing and mailing rate the company has to pay to have the pay checked produ… read more
Is it legal for a former employer to access your direct deposit
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Is it legal for a former employer to access your direct deposit account months after termination. I was terminated for going on Long Term Disability (company policy perceives it as being voluntary ter… read more
I live in Pennsylvania. Do employers have the right to force
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I live in Pennsylvania. Do employers have the right to force employees to use direct deposit? Furthermore, can that same employer charge the employee a fee for cashing his/her paycheck?… read more
Can an employer mandate that you receive your monetary compensation
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Can an employer mandate that you receive your monetary compensation by direct deposit rather than by a check?… read more
Oregon company. Several employees have issue with direct manager.
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Oregon company. Several employees have issue with direct manager. Have taken issue to HR, HR is asking each employee to meet 1:1:1 wtith employee, manager, HR rep. When asked by group of employees if … read more
Is it legal for an employer to MANDATE its employees to have
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Is it legal for an employer to MANDATE its employees to have a heath screening every year to keep that employees insurance rates from going up evey year? the employer is self insured and its not for a… read more
Is it legal for an employer to mandate that store managers
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Is it legal for an employer to mandate that store managers post on line in a social media a Facebook page with all their employment history and qualifications?… read more
If an employee expresses interest (to HR and their direct supervisor)
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
If an employee expresses interest (to HR and their direct supervisor) in pursuing internal and external opportunities due to career growth and a hostile/uncomfortable work environment; can the employe… read more
is there a law for employers to verify that a direct deposit
Loren, Lawyer
is there a law for employers to verify that a direct deposit has gone through before issuing a paper check to an employee?… read more
My employer is mandating that each employee sign an authorization
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My employer is mandating that each employee sign an authorization to conduct monthly exclusion reviews for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, on all current employees. I have been employed … read more
Can an employer mandate an employee to work an additional 8
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Can an employer mandate an employee to work an additional 8 hours beyond the regular 8 hour day, 3 to 5 days per week in Texas?… read more
Can an employer mandate that an employee see a doctor if the
John, Employment Lawyer
Can an employer mandate that an employee see a doctor if the employer has suspicions that a mental or physical issue is the reason for lots of mistakes and poor performance?… read more
Can an employee be mandated, as a condition of continued employment,
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Can an employee be mandated, as a condition of continued employment, to go to an EAP session?… read more
Can I charge my employee for direct deposit payments? Is it
KLAW
KLAW, Juris Doctorate
Can I charge my employee for direct deposit payments? Is it legal to do that? Paying by checks is free, but my employee wants quick payments.… read more
I have an employee who is married to an HR Representative at
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I have an employee who is married to an HR Representative at our company. I with the assistance of HR and my Direct Supervisor have placed him on multiple disciplinary reports since 2009. I recently p… read more
Do I have a right to reverse a direct deposit check employee
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
Hello! Do I have a right to reverse a direct deposit check for my employee who quit without notice and hurt my business as a result?… read more
Is there a low in the US that mandates employers to insure
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
Is there a low in the US that mandates employers to insure all there employees have medical insurance… read more