Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
My wife is pregnant and was placed on light duty today. When
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
My wife is pregnant and was placed on light duty today. When she brought it to her employers attention she was told they don't have light duty. Her supervisor then told her if you don't want to be off… read more
Just got off. Told my position was no longer needed by the
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Just got laid off. Told my position was no longer needed by the company, but they also just hired a consultant that will be doing exactly what I was doing. Long story short. They moved my position to … read more
Daughter (barista) was told her services were no longer needed,
Anne
Anne, Attorney
Daughter (barista) was told her services were no longer needed, went to pick up her final check and was told she would have to wait as their attorney was reviewing the video tape of the stand she work… read more
My daughter was on maternity leave and when she advised them
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My daughter was on maternity leave and when she advised them she was ready to return they told her she was no longer employed with the company. She was never informed that any paper work for Maternity… read more
IF MY WIFE IS MEXICAN AND HER BOSS TOLD HER THAT THE ONLY REASON
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
IF MY WIFE IS MEXICAN AND HER BOSS TOLD HER THAT THE ONLY REASON SHE GOT A JOB THERE IS BECAUSE SHE IS BILINGUAL AND SHE WOULD NEVER DO ANOTHER JOB CAN SHE SUE THE COMPANY EVEN IF SHE HAS QUIT ALREADY… read more
My daughter in law is pregnant and her doctors office does
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
My daughter in law is pregnant and her doctor's office does not handle obstetrical appointments on her day off. She has requested that the day be switched to another day. She has been told to change d… read more
Hi, My wife was called into her companys HR office this past
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Hi, My wife was called into her company's HR office this past Friday. She was told that her fulltime position with benefits is changing and will now be 14 hrs per week no benefits - take it or leave i… read more
My 32 year old daughter was forced to resign from her position
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
My 32 year old daughter was forced to resign from her position despite positive evaluations, because of who she was dating. Should she pursue this as a wrongful dismissal? The company's offices are in… read more
Granddaughter is over 8 months pregnant and tody she was
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Juris Doctor
granddaughter is over 8 months pregnant and tody she was called into office and was told she needed to clock out during restroom use!! They knew she was pregnant when they hired her 3 months ago. she … read more
My wife is being told today that she must apply new position
Loren, employment lawyer
My wife is being told today that she must apply for a new position within her company or go on a "plan" for not meeting her sales goal. If she goes on the plan and doesn't meet her sales goal, she wil… read more
My 20 year old daughter was just told that she will stay in
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
My 20 year old daughter was just told that she will stay in her current position in her current store and the store manager, who put his hands on her (she had witnesses), will be moved to another stor… read more
My Daughter is Pregnant and her Doctor has written a note to
Len
Len, Attorney at Law
My Daughter is Pregnant and her Doctor has written a note to her employer advising them she needs to discontinue working at this time due to emotional and physical stress of the job, which is adversly… read more
MY DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT AND HAS TOLD THE FOLKS WERE SHE WORKS.
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
MY DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT AND HAS TOLD THE FOLKS WERE SHE WORKS. I AM CARRYING HER INSURANCE ON MY POLICY WHERE I WORK. SHE HAS 4 SICK DAYS TO USE AT HER COMPANY, SHE TOOK ONE OF THIOSE DAYS YESTERDAY A… read more
A CNA is pregnant and may be unable to carry her baby and
John, Employment Lawyer
A CNA is pregnant and may be unable to carry her baby and was told by her dr she needs to be on lifting restrictions. Her boss/ charge nurse today told her " if a CNA can't do a CNA's work, a CNA does… read more
My pregnant daughter works for an independently owned Subway.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My pregnant daughter works for an independently owned Subway. The owner recently told her that she was not allowed bathroom breaks (after telling her previously she had to clock out every time she wen… read more
A friend of mine came back from vacation and was told by her
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney at Law
A friend of mine came back from vacation and was told by her boss that she was no longer needed and therefore she was terminated. My friend applied for unemployment benefits and told unemployment that… read more
After my wife told her employer she was pregnant in June 2013
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
After my wife told her employer she was pregnant in June 2013 she was put on probation for complaints that happened in April of 2013. A week later she was taken off probation and told she had improved… read more
My daughter was fired from her job because she is pregnant.
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My daughter was fired from her job because she is pregnant. Is this legal. This is a small contract sterilization company - where they are stating that they do not have a position for her that would n… read more